I have been vegetarian for about four years and have never enjoyed food more. There really is a wealth of flavours out there that can get overlooked of you solely rely on meat for taste. Recently, I decided to make as much of my food as I could from scratch and started off small by buying a couple of different spice jars per week. I have quite a good collection now and I'm actually rather proud of myself for achieving this small goal.
Now onto the recipe;
- 3 Bell peppers (I used 2 red and 1 orange), sliced
- 1 red onion, Diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 radish, sliced
- 1 packet of buffalo mozzarella, thickly chopped
- 1 pre-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 teaspoon of dried chillies
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon of dried paprika
- crushed black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of green pesto
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC
- On a baking tray, roll out the puff pastry sheet and add the tomato puree.
- Use the back of a spoon to evenly spread the puree and make sure to leave an inch-wide boarder on the pastry. This lets it rise.
- Once puree is spread, use the green pesto to add small dollop's around the pastry.
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic onto the pastry.
- Start to arrange the peppers, onion, radish and tomato's onto the pastry.
- Add the mozzarella and the spices/herbs.
- Top off with a quick drizzle of good quality olive oil.
- Put baking tray into the oven and cook for approx 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the pastry throughout
- Once cooked, slice into quarters and serve with side salad. Enjoy.