Friday 5 October 2012

I've joined hitRECord

One thing I did do at the start of the summer is join the online open-collaborative production company, hitRECord. It's a fantastic website where anyone can open an account and make any type of art (called Records) they wish, then upload it and have others remix/remake said Records and vice versa. Whether you are a writer, musician, painter, illustrator, film maker, editor, photographer or you just like looking at other people's work and critiquing it, this site is a goldmine for all of us like-minded artistic persons. The best part is that the company will take a selection of uploaded work and make it into a book or album, for example, and sell it to the general public where the profits made go back to the artists' who created it. That's you and I. Sounds almost too good to be true and I haven't even mentioned the tour that is held at various venues around the States for all the members to attend; a fabulous display, a harmonious and synergetic union of creativity inspired individuals if you will. 

I love this website as, from a personal perspective, now that I am out of Uni I feel a sort of loss at not being in class with my friends making art together and collaborating on the weird and wonderful. Heck, I was lucky, LUCKY to even afford to go to an art school since we live in a time were tuition fees are astronomical. I am sure some people could only look on and just dream about being in that type of environment and, inevitably, felt disillusioned with art. Well, now we have a place where it doesn't matter where you live, what your income is or what grades you got and that place is http://www.hitrecord.org/

I have already put up a few Records, such as the image below, which is a watercolour sketch I did years ago, and have named it 'Pink Doll' (clever, right?). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...